COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
INFORMATION PROVIDE IN NON-DIGITAL FORMATS
The information you or your employer provide to us is used to help us in our fund-raising to process and receipt your donation and to respond to any of your requests. We also use your information to send acknowledgement of your gift information and to provide information about our work which we think you may find of interest. LAUW employees who may access your information in order to perform pledge processing and administrative functions are prohibited from disclosing your information.
THIRD PARTY SHARING
We do not provide donor information to third parties except under the following conditions:
• Designations: If a portion of your donation is directed to another LAUW or another charitable organization, we provide your name, your contact information, the amount of your donation and your workplace to the organization receiving your donation. If you do not want this to occur, please indicate on your pledge form that you wish to remain anonymous.
• Public recognition: There are times when we publicly recognize and thank donors, volunteers and other stakeholders for their generosity. If you prefer to remain anonymous, pleas indicate this when completing your pledge form.
• As Required by Law: LAUW will release information when we are required to comply with the law.
INFORMATION COLLECTION ONLINE
We will not collect personal information from you when you visit our website unless you provide the information to us voluntarily and knowingly.
• Applying to work at LAUW as an employee: When you apply to be an employee, we ask for a variety of types of data that are typical for employment applications including your résumé.
• Making a financial contribution: When you make a financial contribution online, we collect your name, contact information and standard credit card data. This information allows us to process and fulfill your donation and notify you of your donation status.
• Signing up for e-mail updates: When you sign up to receive e-mail updates, we ask for your name and e-mail address.
• Other tracked information: When you request information about running a campaign, enter a sweepstakes, complete a survey, vote in online polls or any other function that uses a submit/go feature, we may track personal information you provide in our secure database of community supporters.
An IP address is a number assigned to your computer automatically when you use the internet. We use your IP address along with other users' IP addresses to track usage patterns and improve our Website. At no time is your IP address linked with anything that personally identifies the owner of the IP address.
SECURITY OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
We use a variety of safeguards to protect the security of your credit card transactions. We use technologies and processes such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, physical security and other measures. These measures make it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept the credit card information you send to us. LAUW works with a PCI-compliant third-party credit card company in the same way as other e-commerce websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
LAUW will not sell, trade, or share personal information about our financial donors with anyone else, nor will we send mailings to our financial donors on behalf of other organizations, unless a donor has given us specific permission to do so.
If you provide LAUW with personal information, we may enter your name into our database so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or solicit future contributions.
LAUW tracks user website traffic patterns with Google Analytics, but this tracking is not associated with individual users. Learn more about Google Analytics. LAUW may also share macro-level tracking information with third parties for various reasons, such as to attract potential advertisers and/or grant-makers and to enhance the effectiveness of the Website through consultants. At no time will personally identifiable information that you provide be shared with any of these or any other third parties.
WE CARE ABOUT DOING IT RIGHT
LAUW is committed to accuracy and precision in processing your contribution information. We employ a variety of error-checking procedures, and our systems are subject to independent external and internal audits to ensure the privacy, security and accurate processing of your information.
If you identify an error in a transaction amount, need to report unauthorized usage of your credit or debit card, or have other related concerns, please contact Robin Taylor, LAUW acaSpecial Project Manager at Robin@launitedway.org.